Current available jobs in Internship:
» 2015 Sports Turf Management Internship - Ripken Baseball (Aberdeen, MD)
» Baseball Operations Internship - Ripken Baseball (Aberdeen, MD)
» Internship Notification - Ripken Baseball (Various Locations, US)
» Spring Training Internship - The Ripken Experience (Myrtle Beach, SC)
*ALL INTERNS MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE COLLEGE CREDIT* Please return completed questionnaire with your resume to Sammy DiTonno at firstname.lastname@example.org
City: __________________ State: ______ Zip: ________
Phone: _________________ School: ________________________________________
Expected Graduation Year: ____________
Indicate internship program:
o Full-Time Assistants Program (January – September) Full-Time Assistant program requires a commitment from January through September, the ability to work 40 hours per week and all 70 Stone Crabs home games. The goal of this program is to prepare every assistant to become a full-time executive in the sports industry.
o Game Day Program (April – September) Game Day Interns require a commitment from April to September, the ability to work Stone Crabs home games, and non-game day events throughout the season.
For internship consideration, complete the following questionnaire to compliment your cover letter, resume and interview.
- Is your internship intended for credit through your college? Yes _____ No ______
- Please check any of the internship areas you are interested in:
____Ticket Sales –Assist sales staff with the selling, planning, and execution of all ticket sales included but not limited to groups, picnics, and suites. Assist in developing and planning special events and memorable experiences with the Stone crabs. Individual will learn the TicketMaster program and assist in box office sales. This is a sales oriented internship that provides great experience.
____Box Office – Work with Box Office Manager and sales staff in all aspects of ticket operations including selling and delivering single game, group, and season ticket packages. Sell individual tickets to walkup customers on both off days and game days. Help with organization and printing of all game day will call tickets and other single game ticket orders. Learn and sell tickets through Ticketmaster Host and Archtics programs. Handle ticket related customer service inquiries and escalated customer issues. Uphold the highest level of customer service. Prior Ticketmaster and cash handling experience is a plus.
____ Marketing –Assist with all team publications including game program for each home stand, newspaper and other marketing collateral and advertising materials such as flyers, coupons, sponsorship proposal packets, etc. Assist with promotional planning and executing of game day operations. Focal point on in-game entertainment. Photoshop and InDesign experience preferred.
____ Community Relations – This position will work directly under the supervision of the Community Relations Manager on day-to-day and long-term initiatives for the Stone Crabs in the community. This internship will provide you with education and experience in (not limited to): Donation requests, Kid’s Club, mascot and player appearances, meetings with local businesses, community outreach, speaking with local schools/Reading Club, fan experience, and more.
____ Merchandise –Gain experience in the everyday operations of a Minor League Baseball team with a concentration in merchandise. This position will handle daily sales of merchandise in Team Store on game days as well as all online orders. Will control and maintain inventory, update and manage online internet store, and maintain overall appearance of the Team Store.
____ Food & Beverage/Operations –Develop an in-depth understanding of a multi-faceted food service organization. This position will work directly with Director of F&B and its’ staff. Assist with all aspects of F&B such as ordering, receiving and delivery of food and beverage to and from suppliers, concession stands, suites, and picnic areas. Other duties include assisting director with daily stocking and inventory, as well as the daily preparation and shut down process on game days.
____ Game Day Intern –This position will have the opportunity to experience and learn all aspects of Minor League Baseball on game days. Responsibilities include pre-game duties such as preparing Charlotte Sports Park for each home game by setting up tables, placing ads, etc. Interns will assist in greeting guests as they enter and leave the park, hand out promotional giveaways, game day programs, and exiting coupons. Other duties include assisting with Kids Zone activities, on-field promotions, and scheduled picnics/birthday parties. Responsibilities for Game Day interns vary day to day. Game Day interns are the most important aspect of producing a GREAT fan experience each game.
*All interns must be willing to have fun while working in a fast paced environment. Internships include assistance in: group sales calls, tarp pulls, stadium maintenance, grass roots off-site marketing, participation of mascot and player appearances and all other duties as assigned.
The Sports Turf Management Intern will provide support in maintaining all playing surfaces at Ripken Stadium and The Ripken Experience - Aberdeen to the highest professional standards. Ripken Stadium is a 6,000 seat stadium that is home to the Aberdeen Ironbirds, the short season ‘A’ affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles.
The ten playing fields must reflect Major League Baseball quality in safety and playability at all times. The position will require professionalism in appearance, attitude, and job performance. Our company is poised for growth, and we are looking to hire and train a future leader.
Ripken Sports Turf Interns will work Ironbirds games as well as Ripken Experience Tournaments from May-September. The Sports Turf Management intern will shadow, learn from, and assist the Sports Turf Superintendent and Sports Turf Manager. The intern will perform duties such as, but not limited to:
- Maintain and repair infield skin surfaces
- Maintain and repair mound and plate areas
- Assist in supervising, training and scheduling of seasonal staff
- Assist in developing/executing fertilization, irrigation and pesticide programs as appropriate
- Perform water/moisture management on skinned surfaces
- Participate in meetings regarding field use and game day logistics
- Perform irrigation repair and maintenance
- Uphold the Company’s landscape vision by assisting in oversight of outsourced landscape contractors
- Identify internal and external customer needs and service accordingly with pride and a positive attitude
- Provide feedback and suggestions to department as needed
- Other duties as assigned- our interns assume real responsibilities and play a vital role in our sports turf operations.
Working Conditions / Special Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift/move heavy items of 50 lbs. or more
- May be exposed to extreme heat and inclement weather
- Must be in good physical condition in order to perform this job
Aberdeen, Maryland, United States
$1500/month on a bi weekly basis
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Associates Degree in Turf Management or related field
- Highly motivated, able to work with others in stressful situations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to operate required equipment; riding/standing mowers, tractors, etc.
- Ability to work and think independently and act with sound judgment
- Ability and willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays per needs of the business- up to 40 hours per week from May-September (flexible based on school schedule)
- Must be a current college student or May 2015 college graduate
After completing the application, please contact Patrick Coakley at email@example.com to notify Sports Turf Management department of submittal.
As our Baseball Operations Intern, you will:
- Absorb training and demonstrate the initiative, desire, and drive to help uphold the values established by the Ripken name and brand
- Create and facilitate a fun, dynamic atmosphere for kids, developing camaraderie and acting as a positive role model during baseball and non-baseball activities
- Serve as a tournament official, maintaining a working knowledge of rules and procedures, announcing games and operating scoreboards
- Anticipate, work through, and solve problems with campers and tournament teams with patience and understanding
- Exhibit authority and responsibility on the complex, while coordinating resources with other interns, seasonal staff and supervisors
- Develop an understanding and execute pre-event and post-event preparations including baseball equipment, filling water/ Gatorade coolers, and press box set up
- Act as an overnight counselor during Ripken Experience camp weeks
- Generate ideas and establish objectives under the direction of the Baseball Operations Team
- Shadow and assist our sport turf management staff in the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the complex baseball diamonds and common grounds as needed
- Develop relationships across departments including, but not limited to, amateur sales, grounds crew, and sponsorships
- MUST be a current college student or recent graduate needing college credit
- Prior Baseball/Softball experience with ability to lift 70 lbs., throw, and run
- Outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skills, strong initiative
- Strong detail-orientation, with ability to problem-solve, and good time-management skills
- Ability to work from early June (earlier if possible) – mid August (emergency circumstances notwithstanding)
- Work Schedule will vary, nights and weekends will be required
- Ability to travel for multiple weeks with staff
- A passion for sports and prior work experience in customer service
- Childcare, safety, first aid and/or CPR training
What’s in it for YOU:
- Learn “The Ripken Way” about how to operate one of the best youth baseball facilities in the nation
- Work for one of the most respected names in the game of baseball
- Exposure to multiple departments to achieve a common company-wide goal
From time to time, Ripken Baseball will be looking for interns. If you apply below and check off all of the internship notifications, you will be contacted about specific internship opportunities. This is a notification only, not an application for a job.
If you complete your application and then press "edit your information" you can be notified of full-time positions as well. Please complete the application first and then modify it to include notifications for full-time positions if you are in your final year of college or graduate school.
Join our team as a Tournament Operations Intern, where we are 'Building Excellence One Player at a Time.'
As a successful Intern, you will be responsible for assisting with all phases of Spring Training tournament operations at the Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach, SC. This internship comes with housing for out-of-area interns, and we will also be happy to work with your school to help you get required college credits for your successful completion of the program.
As our Tournament Operations Intern, you will:
- Assist the staff with the execution of our College and HS Spring Training at a world-class facility.
- Serve as a Tournament Official – PA Announcing games, serving as a rules consultant, and providing customer service to our guests at a designated field.
- Assist in the Big League Grill, helping prepare food, serve food, and running a cash register.
- Perform basic grounds crew duties such as field work, filling water coolers, and clean-up duties.
- Convey and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times while providing extraordinary external and internal customer service
- Absorb training and demonstrate the initiative, desire, and drive to help uphold the values established by the Ripken name and brand.
- Work with staff to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently while providing a once-in-a-lifetime experience for participants.
This is the perfect spring internship for a rising college junior or senior who has an interest in sports administration and operations, working for a reputable sports-focused company!
- Prior work experience in customer service environment
- Prior Baseball experience
- An outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skills, strong initiative, and high-energy
- Strong detail-orientation, with ability to problem-solve
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to work from February-April. Work Schedule will vary, nights and weekends will be required.
- A passion for sports, working toward an educationally-focused college degree
What's in it for you:
As an Intern with our organization, you will benefit by:
- Learning 'The Ripken Way' how to operate one of the best baseball tournaments in the nation, from those who have created and implemented the standards and practices
- Working for one of the most respected names in the game of baseball
- Gaining knowledge of and training in management, additional responsibility, and working independently when assisting with tournament operations
- Showcasing your potential for future employment within our multi-faceted organization
Special Physical Requirements of the Job/Working Conditions:
You may be required to lift or move up to 70 lbs., may be exposed to dust/dirt at the complex, and may be exposed to extreme cold/hot temperatures.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ