Current available jobs in Internship:
» Spring Training Internship - The Ripken Experience, Myrtle Beach (2012165) - The Ripken Experience (Myrtle Beach, SC)
From time to time, Ripken Baseball will be looking for interns. If you apply below and check off all of the internship notifications, you will be contacted about specific internship opportunities. This is a notification only, not an application for a job.
If you complete your application and then press "edit your information" you can be notified of full-time positions as well. Please complete the application first and then modify it to include notifications for full-time positions if you are in your final year of college or graduate school.
Join our team as a Tournament Operations Intern, where we are 'Building Excellence One Player at a Time.'
As a successful Intern, you will be responsible for assisting with all phases of Spring Training tournament operations at the Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach, SC. This internship comes with housing for out-of-area interns, and we will also be happy to work with your school to help you get required college credits for your successful completion of the program.
As our Tournament Operations Intern, you will:
- Assist the staff with the execution of our College and HS Spring Training at a world-class facility.
- Serve as a Tournament Official – PA Announcing games, serving as a rules consultant, and providing customer service to our guests at a designated field.
- Assist in the Big League Grill, helping prepare food, serve food, and running a cash register.
- Perform basic grounds crew duties such as field work, filling water coolers, and clean-up duties.
- Convey and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times while providing extraordinary external and internal customer service
- Absorb training and demonstrate the initiative, desire, and drive to help uphold the values established by the Ripken name and brand.
- Work with staff to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently while providing a once-in-a-lifetime experience for participants.
This is the perfect spring internship for a rising college junior or senior who has an interest in sports administration and operations, working for a reputable sports-focused company!
- Prior work experience in customer service environment
- Prior Baseball experience
- An outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skills, strong initiative, and high-energy
- Strong detail-orientation, with ability to problem-solve
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to work from February-April. Work Schedule will vary, nights and weekends will be required.
- A passion for sports, working toward an educationally-focused college degree
What's in it for you:
As an Intern with our organization, you will benefit by:
- Learning 'The Ripken Way' how to operate one of the best baseball tournaments in the nation, from those who have created and implemented the standards and practices
- Working for one of the most respected names in the game of baseball
- Gaining knowledge of and training in management, additional responsibility, and working independently when assisting with tournament operations
- Showcasing your potential for future employment within our multi-faceted organization
Special Physical Requirements of the Job/Working Conditions:
You may be required to lift or move up to 70 lbs., may be exposed to dust/dirt at the complex, and may be exposed to extreme cold/hot temperatures.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ