Current available jobs in Internship:
» Audio Mixer Internship - Aberdeen IronBirds (Aberdeen, MD)
» Corporate Partnerships Internship - Ripken Baseball (Aberdeen, MD)
» Baseball Operations Internship - Ripken Baseball (Aberdeen, MD)
» Internship Notification - Ripken Baseball (Various Locations, US)
IBTV / Flight Crew is the Professional Broadcast Production of the Aberdeen IronBirds. We focus on Live Gameplay, Sponsorship Fulfillment, and In-Game Entertainment. We strive to make each event more memorable from the last. As an entertainer of the Flight Crew, you will aid in executing efficient tactics of delivering a Minor League Baseball experience while ensuring exceptional quality in the ballpark.
- Interact, entertain, and communicate with fans.
- Help develop new and interesting skits for entertainment.
- Coordinate Community relations programs through Maryland featuring our team mascots.
- Develop Theme night and promotional ideas.
- Assist marketing, advertising, and sale initiative through in-game entertainment and community programs.
- Communicate with fans, both face to face and via social media postings.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High-energy personality.
- Ability and willingness to entertain fans on and off the field during various parts of each IronBirds game.
- Flexible Schedule
- Ability to work all 38 IronBirds’ home games
IBTV is the Professional Broadcast Production of the Aberdeen IronBirds. Our primary focus is on Live Gameplay, Sponsorship Fulfillment, and In-Game Entertainment. We strive to make each event more memorable from the last. As an Audio Mixer, you will aid in executing efficient tactics of delivering a Minor League Baseball experience while ensuring exceptional quality on-air.
- Coordinate proper Sound Effects during Live Gameplay.
- Control Master Levels throughout Stadium.
- Manage and Organize playlists for specific scenarios.
- Edit and Ensure censorship of content.
- Coordinate Visual Effects accompanied by Sound effects.
- Thorough knowledge of Baseball Gameplay.
- 2 years of Audio Production Experience
- Efficiency in Audio Mixing
- Self motivated, and Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to efficiently follow directions.
- Effective teamwork skills
- Reliable transportation
- Efficiency in Virtual DJ
- Post-Production Audio Editing Software
- Prior Experience in Live Broadcast Media
- Personal Sound Recording / Mixing Equipment
- Experience in Video Production
The Corporate Sponsorships Intern will provide support to sponsorship-related areas for the Aberdeen IronBirds and Ripken Baseball. The individual will have the opportunity to work closely with all members of the IronBirds front office in different capacities at Ripken Stadium.
Assist in planning current and potential sponsorship partner events
Provide support to the Manager of Corporate Partnership Services, including attending meetings and creating sales proposals
Responsible for sponsorship fulfillment activities, including meeting and greeting clients, dressing as a mascot, ensure in-game features are executed correctly, and record proof of performance
Update customer CRM and photo databases as well as researching and calling potential leads
Create a photo database of sponsorship fulfillment items: in-game events, stadium signage, mascot and personal appearances, etc.
Assist with planning and executing events as part of IronBirds’ Theme Nights during the regular season
Plan and execute other promotional events (display tables on the concourse, various sponsor events including youth baseball camps, mascot visits) throughout the season.
Work with the Corporate Partnership team to help create programs that maximize sponsor investment (fan/customer engagement, executing messaging, etc.)
Engage corporate sponsors during home events, providing top customer service and ensuring they are receiving the top Ripken Experience
Work with team marketing to provide our clients complete execution of promotions and other messaging activities
Other duties as required
- Current college student or Spring 2017 graduate
- Beginner or intermediate knowledge of computer programs such as Photoshop, SalesForce and the Microsoft Office suite. (Photoshop is a plus)
- Focused, detail-oriented, team player, professional
Working Conditions / Special Physical Requirements:
A shared office environment
Occasional exposure to the outdoors, including extreme heat or cold
Assist with baseball activities including tarp pulling, dressing and performing as a mascot, setting up and taking down of tables, and other promotional elements
Intern must provide their own laptop and cell phone
As our Baseball Operations Intern, you will:
- Absorb training and demonstrate the initiative, desire, and drive to help uphold the values established by the Ripken name and brand
- Create and facilitate a fun, dynamic atmosphere for kids, developing camaraderie and acting as a positive role model during baseball and non-baseball activities
- Serve as a tournament official, maintaining a working knowledge of rules and procedures, announcing games and operating scoreboards
- Anticipate, work through, and solve problems with campers and tournament teams with patience and understanding
- Exhibit authority and responsibility on the complex, while coordinating resources with other interns, seasonal staff and supervisors
- Develop an understanding and execute pre-event and post-event preparations including baseball equipment, filling water/ Gatorade coolers, and press box set up
- Act as an overnight counselor during Ripken Experience camp weeks
- Generate ideas and establish objectives under the direction of the Baseball Operations Team
- Shadow and assist our sport turf management staff in the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the complex baseball diamonds and common grounds as needed
- Develop relationships across departments including, but not limited to, amateur sales, grounds crew, and sponsorships
- MUST be a current college student or recent graduate needing college credit
- Prior Baseball/Softball experience with ability to lift 70 lbs., throw, and run
- Outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skills, strong initiative
- Strong detail-orientation, with ability to problem-solve, and good time-management skills
- Ability to work from early June (earlier if possible) – mid August (emergency circumstances notwithstanding)
- Work Schedule will vary, nights and weekends will be required
- Ability to travel for multiple weeks with staff
- A passion for sports and prior work experience in customer service
- Childcare, safety, first aid and/or CPR training
What’s in it for YOU:
- Learn “The Ripken Way” about how to operate one of the best youth baseball facilities in the nation
- Work for one of the most respected names in the game of baseball
- Exposure to multiple departments to achieve a common company-wide goal
From time to time, Ripken Baseball will be looking for interns. If you apply below and check off all of the internship notifications, you will be contacted about specific internship opportunities. This is a notification only, not an application for a job.
If you complete your application and then press "edit your information" you can be notified of full-time positions as well. Please complete the application first and then modify it to include notifications for full-time positions if you are in your final year of college or graduate school.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ