Current available jobs in Internship:
» Charlotte Stone Crabs Internship - Charlotte Stone Crabs (Port Charlotte, FL)
» Retail & Concessions Intern - Ripken Baseball (Myrtle Beach, SC)
» Programming Summer Intern - Ripken Baseball (Baltimore, MD)
» Sales Intern - Ripken Baseball (Aberdeen, MD)
» 2015 Sports Turf Management Internship - Ripken Baseball (Aberdeen, MD)
» Baseball Operations Internship - Ripken Baseball (Aberdeen, MD)
» Internship Notification - Ripken Baseball (Various Locations, US)
Join our team as Video Production Intern for the Aberdeen IronBirds.
As a successful Video Production Intern, you will gain valuable hands-on experience in the areas of:
- Camera Operation
- CG Operation
- Graphic Design
- Audio Operations
- On-air Hosting of a live Pre-Game Show
- Plus much, much more!
- Experience with video production equipment including professional video cameras and switchers in a studio and EFP environment
- Graphics and animation software proficiency such as Adobe Photoshop CS3, After Effects CS3, Boris Effects and Adobe Illustrator
- Must be self motivated
- Available to work approximately 40 homes games and events from May through early September
- Proficiency in editing programs such as Avid and Final Cut Pro
Indicate internship program:
o Full-Time Assistants Program (January – September) Full-Time Assistant program requires a commitment from January through September, the ability to work 40 hours per week and all 70 Stone Crabs home games. The goal of this program is to prepare every assistant to become a full-time executive in the sports industry.
o Game Day Program (April – September) Game Day Interns require a commitment from April to September, the ability to work Stone Crabs home games, and non-game day events throughout the season.
The following internships are available with the Stone Crabs:
Ticket Sales –Assist sales staff with the selling, planning, and execution of all ticket sales included but not limited to groups, picnics, and suites. Assist in developing and planning special events and memorable experiences with the Stone crabs. Individual will learn the TicketMaster program and assist in box office sales. This is a sales oriented internship that provides great experience.
Box Office – Work with Box Office Manager and sales staff in all aspects of ticket operations including selling and delivering single game, group, and season ticket packages. Sell individual tickets to walkup customers on both off days and game days. Help with organization and printing of all game day will call tickets and other single game ticket orders. Learn and sell tickets through Ticketmaster Host and Archtics programs. Handle ticket related customer service inquiries and escalated customer issues. Uphold the highest level of customer service. Prior Ticketmaster and cash handling experience is a plus.
Marketing –Assist with all team publications including game program for each home stand, newspaper and other marketing collateral and advertising materials such as flyers, coupons, sponsorship proposal packets, etc. Assist with promotional planning and executing of game day operations. Focal point on in-game entertainment. Photoshop and InDesign experience preferred.
Community Relations – This position will work directly under the supervision of the Community Relations Manager on day-to-day and long-term initiatives for the Stone Crabs in the community. This internship will provide you with education and experience in (not limited to): Donation requests, Kid’s Club, mascot and player appearances, meetings with local businesses, community outreach, speaking with local schools/Reading Club, fan experience, and more.
Merchandise –Gain experience in the everyday operations of a Minor League Baseball team with a concentration in merchandise. This position will handle daily sales of merchandise in Team Store on game days as well as all online orders. Will control and maintain inventory, update and manage online internet store, and maintain overall appearance of the Team Store.
Food & Beverage/Operations –Develop an in-depth understanding of a multi-faceted food service organization. This position will work directly with Director of F&B and its’ staff. Assist with all aspects of F&B such as ordering, receiving and delivery of food and beverage to and from suppliers, concession stands, suites, and picnic areas. Other duties include assisting director with daily stocking and inventory, as well as the daily preparation and shut down process on game days.
Game Day Intern –This position will have the opportunity to experience and learn all aspects of Minor League Baseball on game days. Responsibilities include pre-game duties such as preparing Charlotte Sports Park for each home game by setting up tables, placing ads, etc. Interns will assist in greeting guests as they enter and leave the park, hand out promotional giveaways, game day programs, and exiting coupons. Other duties include assisting with Kids Zone activities, on-field promotions, and scheduled picnics/birthday parties. Responsibilities for Game Day interns vary day to day. Game Day interns are the most important aspect of producing a GREAT fan experience each game.
*All interns must be willing to have fun while working in a fast paced environment. Internships include assistance in: group sales calls, tarp pulls, stadium maintenance, grass roots off-site marketing, participation of mascot and player appearances and all other duties as assigned.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to receive college credit for this internship? YES/NO
As our Retail & Concessions Intern, your main responsibility is to learn and assist in management of the retail and food & beverage for the Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach.
As our Retail & Concessions Intern, you be trained to:
- Receive and store all food and beverage & retail inventory; complete monthly inventory of all food & retail items as well as rotating stock
- Manage and maintain daily cost of sales, cash control and inventory; Manage and maintain daily cost of sales
- Monitor food quality to ensure it stays within company standard
- Regularly monitor retail store and ensure that it is well stocked and items are ticketed
- Assist with entering corrections to data in Time and Attendance system and monitor corrections
- Maintain solid/appropriate relationships with vendors and service agencies
- Ensure compliance with franchise agreements, contracts and operating standards
- Ensure compliance with Dept of Labor, DHEC and OSHA standards
- Prepare required paperwork, record keeping, and reports
- Perform periodic competitive price comparisons with local competition
- Ensure completion of work responsibilities and special projects in accordance with the designated timeframe
- Provide Assistant General Manager with feedback, ideas and suggestions on a timely basis
- College student seeking credit or recent college graduate seeking work experience
- Minimum 1-3 years work experience in related field; valid Driver’s License
- Required to work flexible schedule on the needs of the business
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Skills including Word, Excel, Publisher and other programs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Good communication skills (verbal and written). Positive and effective leadership and customer service skills
Special Physical Requirements of the Job/Working Conditions:
- Routinely required to work extended hours of time
- Must be able to walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and climb stairs
- Routinely lift or move up to 50 pounds at least 20% of the time
- Routinely exposed to extreme hot/cold weather conditions, dust and particles, and loud noises
As a Programming Intern, you will work with Foundation staff to provide ongoing program coordination assistance to ensure the Foundation meets its program goals. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student who desires hands-on experience with kids and sports.
As our Programming Intern, you will:
• Work with program staff at on field programs including camps, clinics, and events.
• Provide on field coaching assistance to program staff for camps and clinics. This will include assisting with the Foundation’s overnight camp in Aberdeen, MD.
• Work with program staff to ensure all paperwork, registration, and schedules are set for all one-day and overnight camps.
• Help coordinate travel logistics for program staff throughout the summer.
• Assist in managing inventory tracking, orders, and delivery on all baseball/softball equipment used to support the Foundation.
• Coordinate with Program Managers to provide data management/entry for grants as directed.
• Work with Program Coordinators on current and prospective grants including all communication and documentation required.
• Help with camp operations, making sure camp is organized and details covered prior to campers arrival.
• Create and development materials for grant applications and for use at grant sites
• Research, planning and execution of programs
• Assist with a variety of administrative tasks.
• Assist other members of the Foundation staff as needed.
• Working towards a degree in Sports Management or Education/Youth Development or related degree at an accredited college/university.
• Demonstrated decision-making and leadership skills
• Excellent inter personal communication and written communication skills
• Demonstrated success working in a team environment
• Experience in managing multiple tasks while maintaining timeliness, accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability and desire to work on field at camps and clinics – to receive coaching instruction from CRSF staff.
• Must be PC proficient with experience in MS Word, Power Point and advanced Excel skills
• The ability to work at least 30 hours per week, and possibly travel to remote camps and clinics
The Sales Intern’s main responsibility is to learn and provide support to our Amateur Baseball Sales team. This position will also gain valuable experience in the baseball industry, with full training provided and the opportunity to work closely with all members of the Amateur Sales staff at a state-of-the-art facility.
As our Sales Intern, you will assist in areas such as:
- Sales & Marketing
- Database Management
- Customer Service
- Community Relations
- Baseball OperationsYou will also learn sales, database building, customer service, community relations, good business practices, and much more. By the time you are done interning with us, you will be educated in strong sports marketing principles, which will serve you for a lifetime in this industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a current college student or May 2015 college graduate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and detail-orientation skills, self-motivation and the ability to take initiative
- Ability to be a team player and work hard to help achieve the goals of the business
- Confidence, ambition, dedication, and a general knowledge of sports
- The ability to work flexible hours depending on business needs
Working Conditions / Special Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work weekends when required
- Routinely exposed to extreme hot/cold weather conditions
The Sports Turf Management Intern will provide support in maintaining all playing surfaces at Ripken Stadium and The Ripken Experience - Aberdeen to the highest professional standards. Ripken Stadium is a 6,000 seat stadium that is home to the Aberdeen Ironbirds, the short season ‘A’ affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles.
The ten playing fields must reflect Major League Baseball quality in safety and playability at all times. The position will require professionalism in appearance, attitude, and job performance. Our company is poised for growth, and we are looking to hire and train a future leader.
Ripken Sports Turf Interns will work Ironbirds games as well as Ripken Experience Tournaments from May-September. The Sports Turf Management intern will shadow, learn from, and assist the Sports Turf Superintendent and Sports Turf Manager. The intern will perform duties such as, but not limited to:
- Maintain and repair infield skin surfaces
- Maintain and repair mound and plate areas
- Assist in supervising, training and scheduling of seasonal staff
- Assist in developing/executing fertilization, irrigation and pesticide programs as appropriate
- Perform water/moisture management on skinned surfaces
- Participate in meetings regarding field use and game day logistics
- Perform irrigation repair and maintenance
- Uphold the Company’s landscape vision by assisting in oversight of outsourced landscape contractors
- Identify internal and external customer needs and service accordingly with pride and a positive attitude
- Provide feedback and suggestions to department as needed
- Other duties as assigned- our interns assume real responsibilities and play a vital role in our sports turf operations.
Working Conditions / Special Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift/move heavy items of 50 lbs. or more
- May be exposed to extreme heat and inclement weather
- Must be in good physical condition in order to perform this job
Aberdeen, Maryland, United States
$1500/month on a bi weekly basis
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Associates Degree in Turf Management or related field
- Highly motivated, able to work with others in stressful situations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to operate required equipment; riding/standing mowers, tractors, etc.
- Ability to work and think independently and act with sound judgment
- Ability and willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays per needs of the business- up to 40 hours per week from May-September (flexible based on school schedule)
- Must be a current college student or May 2015 college graduate
After completing the application, please contact Patrick Coakley at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify Sports Turf Management department of submittal.
As our Baseball Operations Intern, you will:
- Absorb training and demonstrate the initiative, desire, and drive to help uphold the values established by the Ripken name and brand
- Create and facilitate a fun, dynamic atmosphere for kids, developing camaraderie and acting as a positive role model during baseball and non-baseball activities
- Serve as a tournament official, maintaining a working knowledge of rules and procedures, announcing games and operating scoreboards
- Anticipate, work through, and solve problems with campers and tournament teams with patience and understanding
- Exhibit authority and responsibility on the complex, while coordinating resources with other interns, seasonal staff and supervisors
- Develop an understanding and execute pre-event and post-event preparations including baseball equipment, filling water/ Gatorade coolers, and press box set up
- Act as an overnight counselor during Ripken Experience camp weeks
- Generate ideas and establish objectives under the direction of the Baseball Operations Team
- Shadow and assist our sport turf management staff in the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the complex baseball diamonds and common grounds as needed
- Develop relationships across departments including, but not limited to, amateur sales, grounds crew, and sponsorships
- MUST be a current college student or recent graduate needing college credit
- Prior Baseball/Softball experience with ability to lift 70 lbs., throw, and run
- Outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skills, strong initiative
- Strong detail-orientation, with ability to problem-solve, and good time-management skills
- Ability to work from early June (earlier if possible) – mid August (emergency circumstances notwithstanding)
- Work Schedule will vary, nights and weekends will be required
- Ability to travel for multiple weeks with staff
- A passion for sports and prior work experience in customer service
- Childcare, safety, first aid and/or CPR training
What’s in it for YOU:
- Learn “The Ripken Way” about how to operate one of the best youth baseball facilities in the nation
- Work for one of the most respected names in the game of baseball
- Exposure to multiple departments to achieve a common company-wide goal
From time to time, Ripken Baseball will be looking for interns. If you apply below and check off all of the internship notifications, you will be contacted about specific internship opportunities. This is a notification only, not an application for a job.
If you complete your application and then press "edit your information" you can be notified of full-time positions as well. Please complete the application first and then modify it to include notifications for full-time positions if you are in your final year of college or graduate school.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ