» Internship Notification - Ripken Baseball (Various Locations, US)
» Future Notification Only - Ripken Baseball (Various Locations, US)
As our Baseball Operations Intern, you will:
- Absorb training and demonstrate the initiative, desire, and drive to help uphold the values established by the Ripken name and brand
- Create and facilitate a fun, dynamic atmosphere for kids, developing camaraderie and acting as a positive role model during baseball and non-baseball activities
- Serve as a tournament official, maintaining a working knowledge of rules and procedures, announcing games and operating scoreboards
- Anticipate, work through, and solve problems with campers and tournament teams with patience and understanding
- Exhibit authority and responsibility on the complex, while coordinating resources with other interns, seasonal staff and supervisors
- Develop an understanding and execute pre-event and post-event preparations including baseball equipment, filling water/ Gatorade coolers, and press box set up
- Act as an overnight counselor during Ripken Experience camp weeks
- Generate ideas and establish objectives under the direction of the Baseball Operations Team
- Shadow and assist our sport turf management staff in the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the complex baseball diamonds and common grounds as needed
- Develop relationships across departments including, but not limited to, amateur sales, grounds crew, and sponsorships
- MUST be a current college student or recent graduate needing college credit
- Prior Baseball/Softball experience with ability to lift 70 lbs., throw, and run
- Outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skills, strong initiative
- Strong detail-orientation, with ability to problem-solve, and good time-management skills
- Ability to work from early June (earlier if possible) – mid August (emergency circumstances notwithstanding)
- Work Schedule will vary, nights and weekends will be required
- Ability to travel for multiple weeks with staff
- A passion for sports and prior work experience in customer service
- Childcare, safety, first aid and/or CPR training
What’s in it for YOU:
- Learn “The Ripken Way” about how to operate one of the best youth baseball facilities in the nation
- Work for one of the most respected names in the game of baseball
- Exposure to multiple departments to achieve a common company-wide goal
From time to time, Ripken Baseball will be looking for interns. If you apply below and check off all of the internship notifications, you will be contacted about specific internship opportunities. This is a notification only, not an application for a job.
If you complete your application and then press "edit your information" you can be notified of full-time positions as well. Please complete the application first and then modify it to include notifications for full-time positions if you are in your final year of college or graduate school.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with Ripken Baseball, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ